JuLiE
My baby was born with an infection. The doctors speculated that he got it from my recurrent UTI during my pregnancy or dahil nakatae siya when I was delivering him (doctors tend to give multiple choice answers). So, nadextrose siya and was asked to stay for several more days.

When I first held my baby when he was still in the nursery, I felt an overwhelming joy but I could not contain my sadness either. He looked so pitiful in a dextrose. If only there's something I can do to take away his pain and infection I would have taken it all. Let me suffer instead.

I now understand why my dad almost cried when he saw my bluish-black flesh from my sorority initiation. Or why ,instead of getting mad, he couldn't stop thinking about what my sister would eat or where she would get her money for tuition after she abandoned her family for her current relationship. Or why he lies awake all night worrying about the future of my brother, who doesn't have the drive to do well in his studies. And now here I am crying over nothing yet. I wanted to take the pain my baby probably didn't even feel yet (his senses were not yet fully developed).

I think I now understand. And I don't think it would be easy. I just pray that I would have enough strength to become a mother.
4 Responses
  1. tin-tin Says:

    julie, am glad you're realizing how your dad feels with you and your siblings. you're really blessed to have a great dad. and i know you'll be a great mom. expectant mom ka pa lang, okay na, what more now that ice is a cute baby already :)


  2. JuLiE Says:

    tnx tin! =)

    anyway, pano ba magbura ng mga ibang comments??


  3. tin-tin Says:

    may trash sa ibaba ng each comments


  4. JuLiE Says:

    wala naman eh..