JuLiE
I called up my sister to check out on her. She was apparently on her way to her friend's funeral service. Yes a funeral. Her friend died in a tragic car accident. Too soon. Much too soon for anyone who loves her to bear.

The news came as a shock to my sister. We even knew about it before she did because her phone was dead when her friends were trying to contact her. She heard about it after six hours. Guess from where. Yes, from the ever reliable source of whatever news or chismis or new vocabulary (major major) and whatsos. Facebook.

She said that only after being in a state of shock for 5 hours then she started to cry.

And so I called her up last night to see how she was. Her voice sounded like she has been crying. She told me how tears would just start to fall when she remembers her. And how her voice is so vivid in her mind it's as if she was just there beside her. She still can't believe that she will never see her again, will never be with her again. She hated when people tell her that it's gonna be okay because it's not okay. And that only them who are mourning for Melody can truly understand the pain they are going through.

I felt very sad for my sister but I know that mourning is a part of the process. The process of letting go. But who am I to know? I have never really lost anyone very dear to me and it truly scares me to even think about it.

Life is short. Let's hug our loved ones today. Before we are forced to let go.

(posted in FB on Aug 26, 2010)
0 Responses