JuLiE
When I was still a pregnant housewife and very new in a foreign country, I had all the time in the world and, aside from the friends I chatted with online, had no one to talk to.

I wasn't domesticated at that time yet. Meaning, I wasn't used to staying at home, don't know anything about cleaning the house, and was convinced that the kitchen was a mystery. But learning all these things was way better than ending up insane doing nothing. I started learning how to cook, which started Ronald's misery. My first adobo actually tasted like sinigang. I won't even tell you how my paksiw tasted because it was indescribably weird. Aside from cooking, I did the laundry, the ironing and a little cleaning like any housewife would. Ronald forbade me to do anything tiring, which I didn't really mind.

And so with the free time I had, I started getting hooked on the net. I started blogging to keep me sane and to keep my friends updated on what's going on with me. Writing has always been a therapy for me. But when Ice was out and I started working, I forgot all about the blog. Obviously, there were more important things to attend to.

But then, just recently I came across one of my friend's blog and I remembered that I also had my own. I visited the site and had fun rereading my entries. Now I am inspired to blog again. It was nice to know that some of my friends actually followed what I had to write then but I don't really expect anybody to read (literally) what's on my mind now because I know that everyone's just as self-absorbed as I am =). I just find it amusing to remember what I was thinking and feeling at some point in the past. Besides i do suffer from occasional memory loss so I think it's just nice to record some things. =
)
0 Responses