JuLiE






-When Ice came home from school:




Mommy : Ice, did you finish your food at school? (He refuses to eat what they serve at school so he brought some oreos)


Ice : Yes. My classmate want some.

Mommy: So did you share?

Ice : No.

Mommy : Why not?

Ice : Teacher said eat first then share.

Mommy : Oh, ok..



-Following day:



Mommy : Ice, did you finish your food at school?

Ice : Yes.

Mommy : Did your classmates ask from you?

Ice : Yes

Mommy : Did you share this time?

Ice : No. Because teacher said don't share.

Mommy : No, teacher said eat first and then share.

Ice : Yes.. But then it's no more.



-While taking a bath with Ice:



Ice: Uh oh.. mommy, something's missing.. where's your birdie?



-At a friend's wedding party, Ice was playing with a newfound friend, Marcie, who was just turning two at that time:



Mommy ; So, what's the name of your friend?

Ice : I don't know

Mommy : Why didn't you ask her?

Ice : Because she don't know how to talk.



-At the same party:



Ice : Mommy she said yes! (with a gleeful smile)

Mommy : Huh? What did you ask her?

Ice : I ask her if I can take her home with me. =)



-Before going out:



Mommy : Ice, hurry, we need to dress up now, we're going out.

Ice : Mommy why do we need to dress up? So that people will not see us like this?



(Made me realize how pretentious we all are.)



-Last year, when Ice was still in pre-nursery:



Mommy : Do you know the names of your classmates?

Ice : Yes (then gave me a Chinese girl's name).. I kissed her (in a sad tone)

Mommy : Ha? What did she say?

Ice : She said no (with a sad face)

Mommy : What about Sarah (that's the only name I remembered)? Did you kiss her too?

Ice : Yes (still in his sad tone).

Mommy : Why did you kiss her?

Ice : Because she's my favorite (still in his sad tone).



-When I was joking that I have a baby inside my tummy:



Ice: Mommy how does baby go inside the tummy?

Mommy : Hmm.. we'll ask daddy later.

Ice : You put it inside the mouth and will go down to the tummy? Like that?



-While putting Ice to sleep:



Ice : Mommy I don't want to sleep because sleep means close your eyes. I don't want to close my eyes because I can't see anything. I just want to rest.



(After a few minutes he was already asleep)



-Ice and I have this game of impersonating each other. I would act as Ice and he would act as Mommy. Meanwhile, I am working on shift so there are times when I am asleep at daytime instead of playing with him as he would prefer:



Mommy (as Ice) : Mommy I want toys! I want toys now!

Ice (as Mommy) : Remember you have many toys?

Mommy ; Mommy I want to play outside now!

Ice : Maybe later..

Mommy : I want now! I want now!

Ice : I'm going to sleep (walked to the room and pretended to be asleep).



(Fine, my son sees me as someone who does nothing but sleep).



Ice (to Mommy) : You're my best friend in the whole world! (with a very big hug)



While playing with Ice after my night shift:



Mommy : I need some rest or else I'll get sick.

Ice : Sick? Like me?

Mommy : Yes...

Ice : Then who's gonna take care of me? (with a sad face)

(And so he agreed for me to sleep.)




Ice: Tita Jacq, I wanna lie down on 'my' sofa
Tita Jacq: Then lie down..
Ice: But daddy is there.
Tita Jaq: Then lie down with daddy.
Ice: But he's too big.
Tita Jacq: Then tell him you wanna lie down on the sofa.
Ice: But he never listens, remember?





Note: Ice is not yet that big on tenses and sentence construction but he more or less already speaks proper English =)

0 Responses