JuLiE


At four, Ice is more articulate than a lot of people I know. His grammar and sentence construction are commendable. He thinks and reacts very fast... Yah, whatever, I'm the mother so I can say anything good about my kid, haha!

But really, it seems like I'll never run out of these...





On Halloween Day, we planned to go to Escape for the Halloween party but then it rained so hard the whole day:

Mommy: Let's pray for the rain to stop so we can go.
(And so we prayed. After a while the rain stopped)
Mommy: See, the rain stopped, we can go now. :)
Ice: The rain stopped? Because of me?? The rain stopped because of me??? That means I saved the whole world!!!
Ice goes to Daddy: Daddy the rain stopped because of me. :)
Ice goes to Tita Lolit: Tita Lolit the rain stopped because of me. :)

And so when the rain stopped, I changed him into his cowboy costume:

Mommy: You are so cute!
Ice: I'm not cute!!! *angry face*
Mommy: Why? But you are cute!
Ice: I'm handsome! Cowboys are not cute, they're handsome!

28/11/2009 - Onac was having his hair cut at the barber shop while Ice sat at the waiting area. He was so pissed when an auntie sat beside him that he showed his angry face. He tried his best to sit as far from the auntie  (maybe around 6 inches away) and as closer to the wall as possible. The following day:

Mommy: Why don't you like sitting beside aunties?
Ice: Because they're not beautiful enough...

In November 2009

Mommy: I hope I win the toto!
Ice: Mommy, what's the toto? It's just like Tito Totoy.
(Tito = Uncle, Totoy- Tita Lolit's (Ice's sitter) husband)

05/12/09 - After we collected the SCB Marathon race entry pack at Expo:

Ice: Mommy, is toto the big race?
(He suddenly thought that I was hoping for us to win the marathon)

6/12/09 - After Ice finished the Kid's Dash at the SCB Marathon:

Ice: Mommy I won the race! Everyone was cheering for me! Even the guy on top (the host at the stage I suppose). He said, 'That boy, that's me (side comment), is so fast! He's even faster than his daddy!'

07/12/09 - After the marathon, I took a one day leave and met up with Foon (colleague) and Brayden (her son) for swimming at the Chinese Swimming Club

Foon: Hi Ice, how old are you?
Ice: I'm four years old but I'm just like six years old.

That same day, Ice and I went inside the girls' toilet to change him to his wet suit:

Ice: (in a whsper) Mommy... I think we better hurry... before they know that I have a birdie.

Sometime in October 2009 - Ice and Tita Lolit were at the lift at Lucky Plaza and an auntie greeted Ice:

Auntie: Hello little boy.
Ice: I'm not a little boy! I'm four years old, I'm a big boy!

29/11/2009 - During dinner at Expo, Ice was telling May (colleague) that he wants a baby sister:

Mommy: How can we make a baby sister?
Ice: When you eat a lot of food the food will turn into a sister.

That same night, May asked him if he already has a girlfriend:

Ice whispered to me: Xiya is not my girlfriend anymore.
Mommy: Why?
Ice: Because she removed a sticker from my water bottle.
Mommy to May: He said Xiya is not his girlfriend anymore...
Ice: Don't tell her!!!

28/12/2009 - My in-laws, Ronald, Ice and I went to Jurong West for swimming. When it was already time to go, everyone else left for the shower room to take a bath except for Ice and Ronald.

Ice: *looked around then started crying* Where's my family?!?!

That same night, I was coughing so bad...

Ice: Mommy, are you dying?

In January 2010 - Ice and I were at Pepay's house for her farewell party when Ice saw the boys smoking:

Ice: Aha! You are smoking! That's bad! My daddy smokes too.
Pepay: Didn't you tell your daddy that smoking is bad?
Ice: Yes. But well, he never listens.

In January 2010 - Ronald, Ice and I were at Rejoice and Mike's place. Ronald and Ice were playing with Mike's PS3 game.

Ronald: Ice kill that bad guy!
Ice: Daddy that is not the bad guy!
Ronald: How did you know?
Ice: Because look, he's carrying a guitar and not a sword!

In January 2010 - While I was putting Ice to sleep.

Mommy: Good night my angel.
Ice: But mommy, angels don't sleep...

In January 2010 - During Rhea and Jojo's wedding, Ulrich, his cousin, didn't want to wear his barong.

Ronald: If you don't wear this you won't be handsome like me!

In January 2010 - Ice sings:

Ice: 'Cannot buy cannot buy tantantantan pull the break' (Poker Face) and 'You're my single way you're my single way' (Single Ladies).

In February 2010 - I was having a terrible headache and so I asked Ice to massage my head. While massaging my head he prayed:

Ice: In the name of the Father, of the Son, of the Holy Spirit... God, please take away my mommy's head......... ache.

In  February 2010 - Ice was taking a bath inside our toilet when I went to his room to get his clothes:

Ice: Mommy come back here, I'm scared of ghosts!
Mommy: There are no ghosts!
Ice: But mommy, I have a third eye, I can see ghosts!
Mommy: (thinking to herself) Did he just say third eye??

In February 2010 - Onac was hugging Ice:

Daddy: You are my pillow!
Ice: You are my bed! (because Onac is bigger and softer than him)

2 Responses
  1. tin-tin Says:

    cute ni ice!
    next kong pagpunta ng saingapore, siya una kong kikitain :)


  2. jul Says:

    oo nga ninang! last ka nya nakita binyag pa ata.. or 1st year bday?