JuLiE
My husband and I watched a poor internet-downloaded copy of the Phantom of the Opera last night. I think he was bored the minute our computer screen showed the first scene of the movie. Halfway through the film, he was already snoring. I couldn't blame him, maybe he's not a big fan of musicals. He couldn't take the falsetto-sung dialogues of the characters. Worse is, the lyrics of the songs were hard to understand because of the poor copy we got, thus, it was not easier understanding the story itself. Good thing I have a background of the plot, which made me at least relate to the scenes. However, I was not really satisfied with the movie. I think that the suspense, romance, and drama lacks the intensity that I expected to see. But I like the music nonetheless.
---oOo---
-
To make up for the movie nightmare (of my husband) last night, we will be watching Star Wars Episode 3 tonight. I was not a fan of Star Wars. Actually, I refused to watch Star Wars because I had the notion that movies with great special effects lack substance in the story. But I take it back (for Star Wars at least) =). After watching Episode 4 (the first episode produced according to my husband), well, I was still not convinced that Star Wars is worth the fuss. But then, I still forced myself to watch Episodes 1 and 2 (I skipped Episodes 5 and 6) to prepare myself for Episode 3, which my husband is dying to see. And guess what, I think I am now as excited as him to see the movie. I was engrossed with the story and the cinematography just as everyone else is. I just hope that my husband already bought tickets or we might end up getting inconvenient seats. But then again, most people probably already squarmed in the theatres during the opening.
*they're not from earth right?
0 Responses